Date Posted: 11/10/2021 12:00:00 AM
Employment Type: Per diem
Department: Emergency Services
1. Performs initial age-appropriate nursing assessment.
2. Complete ongoing age-appropriate reassessments.
3. Completes discharge assessment to identify patient discharge needs.
4. Identifies priorities for the delivery of nursing care.
5. Develops/implements plan of care based on patient needs and physician orders.
6. Executes appropriate nursing actions to reach patient goals.
7. Communicates patient care activities to health care team members.
8. Updates health care team members of current status and any changes in plan.
9. Documents patient care activities in accordance with established standards and hospital policies and procedures.
10. Initiates specialty/supplemental nursing notes as appropriate.
11. Assists with patient charges.
12. Delivers patient care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures and within the scope of the state Nursing Practice Act.
13. Maintains a physical environment that provides for patient and staff safety and wellness.
14. Ensures that supplies and equipment are readily available and in safe working order.
15. Reports situations involving questionable safety/legality promptly to nursing manager.
16. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement procedures in event of internal or external disaster.
17. Demonstrates knowledge of drug administration and effects.
18. Utilizes appropriate drug reference sources for drug information.
19. Administers drugs correctly utilizing the “five rights” through med verify.
20. Evaluates patient response to medications.
21. Assesses need for patient / family education and provides teaching as indicated.
22. Completes discharge plan, and ensures patient / family understanding of plan.
23. Performs follow up calls to patients.
24. Assesses nursing care throughout shift.
25. Participates in MDT meetings, and bedside rounding with hospitalist and case manager.
26. Promotes the hospital and its employees through professional behavior.
27. Participates in department plan to meet regulatory standards.
28. Serves on hospital committees and helps to review and revise policies and procedures.
29. Attends staff meetings and in-services.
Quality Improvement: Actively participates in the Hospital-wide Quality Improvement Program, actively supports and implements Department-specific Quality improvement initiatives and projects, recommends process improvement as appropriate, reports any quality issues in service delivery and consistently commits to a focus on quality improvement and organizational excellence.
Emergency Management: As an employee of Penobscot Valley Hospital, the position has an inherent role to care for our community members when in need. To this regard, the incumbent will be expected to participate in emergency/disaster preparedness planning and drills as requested. When called upon during a real life disaster/emergency event, the incumbent will be expected to participate in the Hospital’s response to this event, within the scope of professional and personal ability to do so.
Minimum 18 years old; High School diploma or GED.
PVH employment application required. Job offer contingent upon background check and pre-employment physical.
License Required: Maine Registered Nurse
Experience: 2 years current ED experience preferred
Certifications Required: BLS / ACLS, PALS - NRP - S.T.A.B.L.E. certifications to be obtained within six months of
PVH has a Section 125 Cafeteria Benefits Plan and pays a portion of the cost of our health plan, dental, basic life, and disability insurance for employees with 30+ authorized hours, and provides partial subsidy for dependent health insurance. Part-time employees are eligible for dental, life, and disability coverage and are eligible to participate in the health insurance plan. Other benefits include a 403(b) plan and earned time off accrual.