Rehabilitation Gym Tech
Date Posted: 8/11/2021 12:00:00 AM
Employment Type: Per diem
Shift: flexible shifts
Department: Physical Therapy
PVH Rehabilitation (downtown site)
1. Ensures overall safety of gym members and may be requested to initiate emergency calls
2. Orientates all gym members to all aspects of employee gym program.
3. Instructs and advises employees on safe/appropriate use of all gym/exercise equipment.
4. Cleans all gym equipment and facility with appropriate equipment
infection control practices.
5. By end of work shift completes all assigned tasks and documents in assignment log.
6. Meets and greets all gym members.
7. Maintains gym, treatment rooms, and clerical area with appropriate equipment and infection
control practices / standards.
8. Completes other office related duties as requested. Completes special projects as needed.
9. Quality Improvement : Actively participates in the Hospital-wide Quality Improvement
Program, actively supports and implements Department-specific Quality improvement initiatives and projects, recommends process improvement as appropriate, reports any quality issues in service delivery and consistently commits to a focus on quality improvement and organizational excellence.
10. Emergency Preparedness: As an employee of Penobscot Valley Hospital, the position has an inherent role to care for our community members when in need. To this regard, the incumbent will be expected to participate in emergency/disaster preparedness planning and drills as requested. When called upon during a real life disaster/emergency event, the incumbent will be expected to participate in the Hospital’s response to this event, within the scope of professional and personal ability to do so.
High School diploma or equivalency, strong communication skills required. CPR certified / eligible.
PVH employment application required. All job offers are contingent upon a background check and pre-employment physical.
A per diem position at PVH allows the flexibility of working while meeting your work/life balance goals, however it is required that the incumbent work a minimum of 3 shifts within 3 month period to maintain per diem status.